Who is the 'We' referred to in 'WeMakeThe.City', and who benefits from the city that is being made? During WeMakeThe.City2019, we discuss, explore and imagine new strategies for inclusive cities. With a.o. the Mayor of London's Good Growth by Design advocate Indy Johar (project00.cc, the Young Foundation); lector Inclusive Education at The Hague University of Applied Sciences, Aminata Cairo; and international water expert Henk Ovink (Dutch Special Envoy for International Water Affairs, Sherpa UN High Level Panel on Water, Rebuild by Design).
6.00 – 7.00 P.M. WALKING DINNER
7.00 – 7.15 P.M. OPENING DOORS
7.15-7.30 P.M. OPENING
- Welcome by moderator Natasja van den Berg.
- Opening by Udo Kock – Deputy Mayor at the City of Amsterdam, responsible for Finance, Economic Affairs, and de Zuidas.
7.30 – 9.30 P.M. KEYNOTE PROGRAMME
- Indy Johar – architect, co-founder of 00, senior Innovation Associate with the Young Foundation and special advocate for the Mayor of London’s Good Growth by Design.
- Aminata Cairo – anthropologist and lector Inclusive Education at The Hague University of Applied Sciences.
- Henk Ovink – the Dutch Special Envoy for International Water Affairs, Sherpa UN High Level Panel on Water, and principal of Rebuild by Design.
- Philomena Essed – professor of Critical Race, Gender and Leadership Studies at Antioch University’s Graduate School of Leadership and Change.
- Joe Minicozzi – principal of Urban3, recognized in 2017 as one of the 100 Most Influential Urbanists of all time.
- Bianca Wylie – open government advocate, co-founder of Tech Reset Canada and Senior Fellow at the Centre for International Governance Innovation.
- Miguel A. Gamiño Jr. – Executive Vice President and Head of Global Cities at Mastercard, former CTO Officer New York City.
- Dionne Abdoelhafiezkhan – partner and co-founder of social innovation agency Izi Solutions.
Creative intermezzo’s by:
- Orchestre Partout – band of refugees and “newcomers”.
- Giorgio de Finis – filmmaker, anthropologist and curator of the Metropoliz Museum of the Other and the Elsewhere.
- Haddis Alemayehu – musician from Addis Ababa.
- Future Cities – transmedia project about five of the world’s most exciting, emerging urban areas by photographer Yvonne Brandwijk and journalist Stephanie Bakker.
9.30 – 11.00 P.M. DRINKS
With amongst others
Professor of Critical Race, Gender and Leadership Studies
Architect, oprichter 00, Good Growth by Design advocate
Urban3, one of the 100 Most Influential Urbanists
Lector Inclusive Education at The Hague University
Giorgio de Finis
Curator, filmmaker en antropoloog
Nederlands eerste internationale watergezant
Oprichter en partner Izi Solutions
Miguel Gamiño Jr.
Executive Vice President Global Cities bij Mastercard
Open government advocate, co-founder of Tech Reset Canada
Deputy Mayor Economic Affairs at the City of Amsterdam
Masinqo rockstar and jazz musician from Addis Ababa
Natasja van den Berg
Moderator en mede-oprichter Tertium
The visit of Giorgio de Finis is made possible by Het Nieuwe Instituut, with support of the Ministery of Foreign Affairs.