From organic food and the installation of solar panels to the greening of the neighborhood and electric driving. On Saturday 22 June, the Ecuplein in the heart of De Aker will be transformed into a Sustainability Market for the first time.
On Saturday 22 June 2019, Ecuplein will transform into Ecoplein. Come and visit De Groene Aker Duurzaamheidsmarkt and ask all your questions to experts. The market is organized by and for active residents and entrepreneurs. Whether it is about solar panels, a heat pump or green energy, recycling, reuse or greening. Take a test ride on an e-bike, get your scissors or knives sharpened, enjoy a snack and drink.
Why this market? At the end of 2018, a number of “Sustainability Ambassadors” were appointed by the municipality for the De Aker neighborhood. The aim is to stimulate sustainable development within their own neighborhood. The four ambassadors, as active residents, organize this free market.
What is there to do?
- Mobility – E-bike test drive, electric car, shared cars and more!
- Food – get to know fair food and fair trade coffee
- Raw materials / products: everything related to recycling, reuse and exchange
- Green – greening the neighborhood / own garden / initiatives / subsidies and more
- Energy expert advice on solar panels, heat pumps, energy saving, green electricity
- Interestatives / parties / governments / residents’ initiatives
- Waste – separation of waste, litter
Saturday 22 June, Ecuplein from 10 am to 5 pm. Together we make the Groene Aker.
Image: De Groene Aker © Mirjam. Courtesy of De Groene Aker Duurzaamheidsmarkt.